- The primary mission of this school is to educate, promote, establish, and equip students in the classical approach to education in light of a Christian world view grounded in the Old and New Testaments.
- The mission of the school is to educate through the classical approach to ensure that our Western heritage is not lost. This will be accomplished through association with other classical schools in the Association of Classical & Christian Schools. Through various means we will seek an educational standard for a unified and directed approach to classical and Christian learning.
- Our mission is also to teach through a methodology known as the Trivium (grammar, logic and rhetoric), which is the educational and classical foundation of our western culture. We believe that God will bless this approach as He has in the past, as long as it follows the principles of His Word.
- We believe that Christianity must be studied in light of its impact on Western culture, and that it must be a part of every subject. In recognizing that our cultural heritage is from God, we do not idolize it, but we ground all that we seek to do upon the revelation of God, both in creation and Scripture, with the former being interpreted by the latter. As a classical and Christian school, we are seeking to integrate all our teaching around the revealed Word of God.
- We aim to graduate young men and women who think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding; who reason persuasively and articulate precisely; who are capable of evaluating their entire range of experience in light of the Scriptures; and who do so with eagerness and joyful submission to God.
- We desire them to recognize cultural influences as distinct from biblical, and to be unswayed towards evil by the former.
- We aim to find them well prepared in all situations, possessing both information and logical knowledge, and knowing how to use them to God’s glory.
- We desire them to be socially graceful and spiritually gracious; equipped with and understanding the tools of learning; desiring to grow in understanding, yet fully realizing the limitations and foolishness of the wisdom of this world.
- We desire that they have a heart for the lost and courage to dissuade those who are stumbling towards destruction; that they will always distinguish between real religion and religion in form only; and that they possess the former, knowing and loving the Lord Jesus Christ. And all these we desire them to possess with humility and gratitude to God.
- We likewise aim to cultivate the same qualities in our staff. We desire that they be diligent and professional in their work, gifted in teaching, loving their students and their subjects.
- We desire that they clearly understand and employ classical education, that they use it diligently in their classroom, that they understand and value cross-curricular teaching, and they feel their work is fitting into the Godly whole.
- We desire that they have a lifelong desire to learn and grow and that they have opportunities to find refreshment and renewal.
- We desire that they coach and nurture new staff and become academic mentors to their students. We look to see them mature in Christ, grow in their knowledge of God, and that their children will walk in the Lord.
- We aim to cultivate in our parents a sense of responsibility towards the School and the School community, to see them well-informed about our goals and approach, and to see them improve in parenting skills through the “Along the Virtuous Way/Growing Kids God’s Way” parenting program.
- We desire them to grow with the School ministry and to be involved and excited about the journey. Our aim is to help them follow biblical principles in their families, in addressing concerns with this ministry and with each other; that they would be inclined to listen to both sides of an issue before rendering a verdict, and embrace the Scripture’s injunctions to encourage and stir up one another to good works and love.
- Finally, in our relationship with the community of Tehachapi, we aim to be above reproach in our business dealings and supportive of the local business community. We seek to exemplify to them the unity of the body of Christ and bring honor to the Lord in our endeavors.
The purpose of Heritage Oak School is to support parents in their desire to have a school for their children that is an extension of the Godly morals and Biblical principles taught in the home. Therefore, Heritage Oak School has purposed to teach according to the following principles:
- We will teach a Biblical world view. Colossians 2:8.
- We will teach using God-centered curriculum and all teachings will be filtered through the Scriptures. Proverbs 9:10, 2 Timothy 3:16.
- We will teach the children behavior and character qualities pleasing to God. Proverbs 20:11, I John 3:18. We believe in order for a child to be considered well-educated and ready to serve both God and country, he must learn to deal with any situation or idea put before him. He must be able to assess each problem or situation according to Biblical standards; then have the courage and wisdom to act upon his convictions. Titus 1:9.
- We will teach the children to honor and respect their parents. Ephesians 6:1 – 2.
- We will seek God with all our hearts to provide teachers who will be Godly role models for the children, whose lives are strong in character and personal discipline. Luke 6:39 – 40.
- We will teach the children the preciousness of others and how their behavior affects others. Our desire is that there will be positive peer influence with older children demonstrating spiritual growth. I Corinthians 15:33, Philippians 2:1 – 4.