K4 Program Highlights (Early Kindergarten in Tehachapi)
Emphasis in the K4 classroom focuses on building healthy relationships and confidence, following directions, establishing routines, developing fine motor skills, as well as an introduction into the alphabet, math, memory work, discovery-based and hands‐on‐learning. And of course, plenty of fun! These are hallmarks of the Heritage Oak K4 experience. We highly encourage all families to sign up for a tour to see our K4 program first hand to experience the joy and excitement that awaits your child!
The K4 program at Heritage Oak School is designed for students who have turned 4 years old by June 1 prior to enrollment.
- Flexible half and full day option
- Small classroom size with low student to teacher ratio
- Bible-based instruction from caring Christian faculty members
- Preparation for Heritage Oak’s K5 program
- Emphasis on building healthy relationships and personal confidence, establishing routines, developing gross and fine motor skills, kindergarten preparedness, and hands on learning
- Afternoon rest period
- Multiple outdoor recess opportunities daily
Enrollment Requirements & Steps
- Student must be 4 years old by June 1 prior to enrollment.
- Student should be potty-trained and able to use the restroom independently or with minimal assistance
- Parents profess faith in Jesus Christ
- Complete Admission Packet include Pastoral Reference (demonstrating Church Affiliation and regular attendance)
- Parent and new student “Meet and Greet” with Admission Director
- Parent “New Family Consultation” with Committee
Family Responsibilities Upon Acceptance
- Parenting Class (twelve weeks in the fall for late enrollment or spring for advanced enrollment)
- Parent Job (3 hours a week per family)
- Fundraising ($1500/year)
- Parent Academy Attendance (4-5 times per year)