Kindergarten in Tehachapi
A child’s first experience at school is an important landmark event in a student’s life. And we believe kindergarten is the best time to introduce students to the classroom setting and life at Heritage Oak School.
Because Heritage Oak offers small class sizes, your child’s introduction to formal education will be a truly personal and caring experience that is well balanced for optimal student growth, emotionally and spiritually as well as academically.
Emphasis in the kindergarten classroom focuses on building healthy relationships and confidence, establishing good habits and routines, developing fine motor skills, strong academic basics in phonics, reading, math, memory work, discovery-based and hands‐on‐learning as well as various field trips into the community. These are hallmarks of the Heritage Oak Kindergarten experience. We highly encourage all families to sign up for a tour to see our kindergarten first hand to experience the joy and excitement that awaits your child!
The Kindergarten program at Heritage Oak School is designed for students who have turned 5 years old by Sept. 1 prior to enrollment.
- Designed for 5-6 years old who are Kindergarten Ready.
- Small classroom size with low student to teacher ratio
- Bible-based instruction from caring Christian faculty members
- Preparation for Heritage Oak’s Lower School program
- Emphasis on building healthy relationships and personal confidence, establishing routines, continued development of gross and fine motor skills, phonics instruction, and hands on learning
- Afternoon rest period
- Multiple outdoor recess opportunities daily
Enrollment Requirements & Steps
- Student must be 5 years old by Sept. 1 prior to enrollment
- Parents profess faith in Jesus Christ
- Complete Admission Packet include Pastoral Reference (demonstrating Church Affiliation and regular attendance)
- Parent and new student “Meet and Greet” with Admission Director
- Parent “New Family Consultation” with Committee
Family Responsibilities Upon Acceptance
- Parenting Class
- Parent Academy Attendance (3-4 times per year)
- Bible & Worship
- Memory Period and Singing
- Singapore Math Meeting
- Phonics First® Instruction & Reading
- Various art activities
- Lunch & Recess
- Story and Rest Time
- Science ‐ Tehachapi Nature
- Social Studies ‐ Tehachapi Community Helpers
- More art, recess, and fun!